Philanthropy Australia presents and informative thought leadership forum where David Carrington will present a ‘state of the nation’ overview of the latest thinking around the current role and best future of philanthropy.
The thought leadership event aims to challenge, inspire and provoke thinking over a broad range of topics including:
- What can philanthropy contribute to solving intractable ‘wicked’ problems like poverty or climate change?
- Accountability – what are the responsibilities of private wealth as it seeks to resource public good?
- Advocacy – should philanthropy be bolder in expressing political points of view, helping preserve civic space, funding social movements?
- What more can philanthropy do to ensure the sustainable health of the NFP charitable sector?
- What is philanthropy doing well, and what do we need to do better?
Don’t miss this opportunity to hear from a leader in the global philanthropic sector and contribute to the discussion.
Where: Brisbane, QLD
When: Wed 18th Apr 2018, 10:00 – 12:00 (2 hours)
To register visit the website.