Think Impact is running three masterclasses on Impact-Led Design.
The masterclass draws on over 20 years experience of designing innovative approaches to social change. It will provide you with cutting-edge theory and tools on how to build a high-performing impact focused organisation. You will learn how to integrate impact into the design and development of services.
Moving beyond measurement, impact-led design assists not-for-profit organisations, government and philanthropy to solve problems, develop innovative approaches and improve outcomes.
The masterclass is a full day event and costs $450 + GST per person. For more information and to register go to:
Melbourne – Wednesday 25 October
Sydney – Tuesday 31 October
Adelaide – Thursday 2 November
Impact is the core of what we do. Yet we often struggle to understand the impact we are having, how to communicate it effectively and how to design programs, strategies or approaches to have enduring impact.
As the pace of change increases, the funding equation alters and the need for new solutions to tackle complex social issues grows, we need to be more focused on the impact we are having.
The masterclass is an interactive mixture of latest theory, practice and case studies designed to build participants understanding of and skill in impact-led design. The participants on this course will learn about:
- The trends and pressures driving an increased focus on impact and how to become more future ready
- How impact-led design can help shift the dial on complex social issues and improve social innovation
- How to move beyond measurement and ensure impact becomes embedded in your organisation culture
- The principles, building blocks and process of impact-led design
- How to redesign or develop new services that achieve impact
- How to impact-led design can assist in strategic development, communication and fundraising
Who is it for?
This course is suitable for:
- CEOs and senior executives driving strategic planning and organisational change
- Impact practitioners looking to move beyond measurement and integrate impact into the culture of their organisation
- Staff working on service redesign or development, aiming to understanding how to improve the outcomes they are delivering.
- Fundraising executives and staff looking to improve their approach to fundraising, tendering and funding applications
Our team is committed to improving impact for organisations in every sector. We are experienced impact practitioners, who have a passion for social change.
Kevin has over 25 years’ experience in social innovation, community development and impact measurement. He was most recently the CEO of United Way Australia where he led the organisation through the development of an impact-led strategic plan, re-aligning their strategy to maximize impact. Prior to that he was the Executive Director with Social Ventures Australia (SVA) for seven years. At SVA, Kevin was responsible for leading their social innovation work through identifying, designing and developing new solutions to complex social issues. Kevin was originally from the UK and has held a number of senior management roles, including seven years as Chief Executive of Forth Sector, which was based and operated in one of the most disadvantaged communities in Scotland. He has also been seconded as a special adviser to the UK Government Cabinet Office and worked as a consultant advising the Big Lottery on social enterprise and social innovation.
Ross is the founder of Think Impact and one of Australia’s leading social impact practitioners who has spent many years advising industry, government and the community sector on social impact. He is a former leader at Starlight Children’s Foundation and the founder and Director of the Social Sustainability team at Net Balance (now EY). In this role, he advised many of Australia’s largest organisations on how to factor human costs into their decisions
Ross is active in promoting thought leadership in the field of social impact and is a frequent author, contributor and facilitator of forums on the topic. He is a founding member of the Social Impact Measurement Network of Australia (SIMNA), an active contributor to the Australian Social and Market Research Society, and a senior judge in the Banksia Sustainability Awards. Ross is also a sought-after facilitator, and brings a personable manner, skilled technique, ability to ask the hard questions, and an unwavering focus on outcomes. Ross is qualified with degrees in Business and Post Graduate qualifications in research methods.
About Think Impact
Think Impact works to create positive change across all sectors. We support business, government, philanthropy and for-purpose organisations to understand, communicate, and transform the impact of their work. Our people have deep and extensive expertise in impact measurement, have pioneered impact -led design approaches globally and understand how to embed impact into strategy. Our passion is to build enduring impact.
The masterclasses run from 9.15am to 4.45pm and include lunch. The venues are as follows:
- Melbourne – at FYA, Level 2, 21-23 Somerset Place, Melbourne, Victoria
- Sydney – at Local Community Services Association (LCSA), Suite 401, Level 4, 52-58 William Street, Woolloomooloo, NSW
- Adelaide – at MRWED Training Rooms, Level 7. 90 King William street, Adelaide, SA